Great corporate headshots are an essential part of your personal branding and marketing portfolio.
By preparing well for a corporate headshot session, you’ll end up with headshots that reflect you, your personality and your work.
Let’s make some pictures.
What Are Corporate Headshots?
Corporate headshots are professional photographs used to enhance various marketing and communications approaches. Most commonly, they are used on company websites or LinkedIn profiles.
They can also be used on business cards, personal blogs or websites or press releases.
Why is it Important to Have a Great Corporate Headshot?
A great headshot is an effective way to help people identify you and to humanize information they read about you.
A strong corporate headshot evokes professionalism, competence, warmth and personality.
There are many reasons why having a good corporate headshot is important:
- Create a Strong First Impression. When people are looking you up via your website or social media, your corporate headshot can help establish a great first impression. Whether it’s potential clients or customers, business partners or employers, people want to know who they’re doing business with. An About Us page or LinkedIn profile is often the first place they look and your headshot can deliver
- Build Trust. Customer and client relationships come first. With strong corporate headshots featuring a professionally dressed and smiling executive, you can build and strengthen trust with your most valued relationships. It builds a connection and humanizes you to those looking at your picture. Remember, most people do business with a person, not a company
- Reinforce Values. What message does your business want to convey about what is important? By connecting your face to your company’s name, you want to be sure you are delivering the core values and messages
- Commitment to Quality. A selfie or cropped photo of a family vacation is not a professional corporate headshot. You want photos to reflect the professionalism, poise and commitment to excellence you aspire to every day to come across in your headshots
What Makes a Good Corporate Headshot?
A good corporate headshot should consist of the following:
- A background, either within your business setting or, based on the profession, a colored backdrop. For conservative professions such as in business or law, a gray, white or black background is common. For creative professions like marketing or advertising, or in those fields that want a bit more pop, a brighter background is good
- The right look, whether it’s your hair, makeup, accessories, or eyeglasses, can help convey the message you seek. Also consider your smile. You want it to be natural and unforced
- Good posture, because body language says so much. Stand or sit comfortably but not too stiffly. Work with your professional photographer to try different types of profile positions to find one that works
What Do I Wear for a Corporate Headshot?
Wardrobe matters greatly. In most professions, men will wear a suit in a dark color, with muted patters and solid ties. Women should consider a professional suit or office wear, again without bold or busy patterns and avoid short sleeves.
Photographer Erica J Mitchell has extensive experience developing corporate headshots and offers individual and group rates. To learn more and see examples of her corporate headshot clients, contact her today.
Corporate Headshot Pricing is based on
1. The amount of time used to photograph in a session, which determines how many images you’ll have to view in the proof gallery.
2. The amount of final retouched photos received in the package.
All packages include
• Studio rental
• Number of selected photos
• Your high resolution fully edited photos delivered to you in an easy online gallery
If you need headshots for your employees instead of a Personal Brand Headshot contact us for pricing packages.
In poor lighting conditions, studio strobe lighting may be used as a way to mimic the natural lighting or any other desired style upon request for an additional costs.